Linggo, Pebrero 24, 2013

CL WEEK


Let's enjoy every moments! =)

I was so happy the time when we had our class meeting and I asked my classmates of who would like to join the chorale, and most of them raised their hands. The same feeling when Micah and Patrick asked them (For Christian Dance).

La Verdad Christian College celebrates “Christian Living Week” every month of January. The CL Week organizers conducted the activities last:



Monday (January 28, 2013) 

– Opening program for the CL Week. The joyous students had prepared their cheering per section. They enjoyed it even if they’d just planned their entries in a short period of time.



Tuesday (January 29, 2013)
Poster Making Contest and Photo Contest. The entries in our section (MCT-12) are:
            -Heidi

            -Ronalyn

            -Jakamaru


The entries were all nice! I can’t find Ronalyn and Heidi’s photos, so I’d just put kuya Jack’s picture. Fortunately, Jack’s entry belongs to the top 3. He got the 1st place! We’re proud of him. Thanks be to God!

The winner was: JuliusParanal from MCT-11 ;)

At the same time, during the Poster Making and Photo contest conducted in the School Auditorium, the MCT12 was rehearsed by Kuya Ruzzel (Choreographer for Christian Dance) in room 205. He had finalized the steps and gave some advices for us to perform the dance nicely. However, when you look at the picture, Mamskie (Ate Jen) was busy reviewing for the Bible Quiz Bee. She just enjoyed watching us even though she was quite pressured.


Wednesday (January 30, 2013) – Rest day? Obviously not! Mass Communication 12 went to Quezon Memorial Circle. We had finalized the steps for the Christian Dance and blending for chorale. I thank God for giving us an opportunity to know each other better. We learned a lot and at the same time, we had fun! One thing was remained in our mind, as long as there is a faith in us, we can do it with God’s mercy, help and guidance. 


Thurs, Jan 31 - Bible Competitions 
It was scheduled for Bible Quiz Bee, Bible Preaching, Solo Singing, Chorale and Christian Dance. It was so nice that most of the non member of the church participated in the said event. Even though they don’t have much time to prepare, they still gave their best to serve God even in a smallest way.



BIBLE PREACHING:

Chriszle is the one who represented oour section in this category. She did her best with the help of God in delivering the topic given to her. She captured our attention: the way she speaks, her good posture and her aura.
We all thought that she would be one of the top 3 best student preachers, but then we don’t know why she was not included. Even so, we’re still proud of her! ..The winner was: Pricilla Santos of MCT-21


BIBLE QUIZ BEE



Sharmaine Jimenez and Jenelyn Rombaon were the representatives of MCT-12 for Bible Quiz Bee. They didn’t win because of their answer, “tahanan ng Dios” while the correct answer was, “bahay ng Dios. Unfortunately, the organizers didn’t considered their answer. The tie breaker questions are so easy! Even those who were not taken the review can answer those questions.
The winner was: Representatives from MCT-13 and HCS-11


SOLO SINGING 

I was the one who had represented our section in solo singing. I failed their expectations, because the song that I’ve chosen was not that well fitted to my voice. I really wanted to sing “Puso Kong Nabuksan” but it was sang by Jermaine, so I just I sing “In This Journey”. I admit that I really can’t sing well that time for I was sick but then, I still did my best for the glory of God.
The winner was: RholandSantos from MCT-13



CHORALE:

This is my favorite part.
Actually, I was the one who had chosen the song for our piece in chorale competition. At first, I doubted that they couldn’t get the strategies and the basics of a choir member. But then, I just trust God that He will help us no matter what.

Pasasalamatan Extended Version was the song that I have chosen. There was a time when I feel like giving up, because most of them cannot get what I was trying to teach them. But then, I just realized that I still need to consider some things: maybe they were just hungry, tired, pressured, stressed, etc.
We had invited the conductor of North District Choir to help us in cleaning some part of the song; most importantly, the blending.


Surprisingly, our performance in the actual presentation was very far from the things happened during our rehearsal. We all looked happy, and obviously enjoyed the performance.
Thanks be to God because even though we have the simplest performance among the contestants, we still won the place “Champion”.
The winner was: MCT-12



CHRISTIAN DANCE:

There was a problem between the students and the organizers that time. It’s because the organizers had published the guidelines in every categories LATE. That was the reason why we don’t know what to follow. That’s why we just asked Bro. Jensen about our plan, which is to go after with our chosen song. Fortunately, he accepted our proposal.

We spent most of our time in working out the steps that was taught to us by kuya Ruzzell. Patrick had chosen the song “Asop Prod. 2005” for us to interpret.

We had encountered a problem during the performance day. The music stopped in the middle of our performance. It was so nice to see that even the music had been cut-off, we were still in projection and we didn’t panic.
Actually, we don’t expect that our group will be declared as a winner because of what happened, but we were so thankful that we won the Champion.

The winner was: MCT-12


Fri, Feb 1 -Gayak

Before the program proper of the ASOP, there was an event happened, entitled “Our Modest Apparel”/ Gayak Fashion Show. It is an event which the students walk around the stage getting up with the standard clothing which a Christian must wear.





ASOP

     Most of the people spend their time in writing love songs, songs for their family and friends, etc. Some says that inspiration helps them improve their compositions.

ASOP La Verdad is the final event happened during the CL Week. Students made their own musical composition. It’s so nice to know that they have the ability to write songs of praises even in a short period of time.

The preparation was so rushed. There was also a prediction that the schedule of the LVCC ASOP will be moved in other day, but it didn’t happen. Even though the staffs were all pressured that time, I can say that they all did their job well!

Thanks be to God for the event was a successful one. Me, myself also joined the contest. I interpreted the song composed by Angela Josef Hernandez entitled “You”. I did not expect that I ould sing that song well for my voice was not in a good condition. But then, I still thank God because he guided me all throughout the song.

Rholand Santos was declared a winner. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento